[Ship(s)+weapons] The Uz'ran Tribes 07.07.13 -- unsupported

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Metzelmax

[Ship(s)+weapons] The Uz'ran Tribes 07.07.13 -- unsupported

Postby Metzelmax » Thu May 23, 2013 2:53 pm

The Uz'ran Tribes version 0.4a --- 07.07.13 -- unsupported

I am not updating this one anymore. Look at my Galaxy mod instead.

In this mod you get:

-> 4 new ships
-> 9 new Weapons
-> 3 new drone

This Mod is part of the "A Strange New Galaxy"-Mod with custom events. Be sure to look there as well!

Screenshots:

Background story:
And yet again something I made up when I was 14. Just check my other mods if you unaware what this is all about. I only want to add at this point that the Uz'rans weaponry is slightly different from what you see in the mod. Their Waves expand in a huge sphere all around the ship hitting all enemies at the same time and, once the shields are down, the entire hull of a ship as well. You cant mod FTL this far, so all you got from them here are some heavy lasers... Well I am waiting for FTL overdrive thats for sure.

Lore:
The Uz'ran are a transdimensional species which is divided into several small tribes. The tribes fight constantly one another for the leader ship of their dimension. The losing tribes are forced to leave their own systems - even their own dimension -- in search of a new place to live.
Their ships are organic and alive with a mind of their own. Since they are originated in another dimension, they can not survive within our space... but the Uz'ran found ways to pass that border. They upgraded their ships with mechanical parts -- Technology the stole from ships they attacked in our universe -- in order to be able to travel in this space. They also created genetically engineered warriors with increased combat capabilities but their Telepathy suffered as a result compared to the abilities of their creators.
But even though the Uz'ran learned a lot from our Technology they could not adapt everything. Shields for instance.

Weapons:
Some of the Uz'ran weapons are mechanical; some part mechanic part organic.

-> Waver I: 2 damage, one shot, one power.
-> Waver II: 3 damage, one shot, 2 power.
-> Waver III: 4 damage, one shot, 2 power.
-> Lightning beam: 2 damage; 180 length; 3 power.
-> Lightning Thrower I: 1 ion; 2 shots; 2 power.
-> Lightning Thrower II: 1 ion; 3 shots; 3 power.
-> Organic Missile: 1 dmg; 2 system dmg; lockdown; 3 power.
-> Organic Atomizer: 1 ion; 4 crew dmg; 2 power.
-> Uz'ran Heal Goo: Heals 30 hp, 1 power.

Drones:
The drones are entirely organic. They are semi-symbiotic lifeforms that can not exist without a host ship.

-> Organic Defense I: Shoots down missiles; faster than normal def drones.
-> Organic Defense II: Shoots down missiles and lasers; slower than the normal Def II
-> Organic Defense III: Shoots down missiles and lasers; faster than the normal Def II

Playable ships:

The Uz'ran Kraken: replaces Slug A
-> Weapons: 4 wavers
-> Drones: 1 def II
-> No shields
-> no sensors
-> Augments: Slug gel, Adv. flight nav.
Strategy: Avoid Beams/ drones at all cost! You got a dimension jumper so that shouldnt be to hard. All systems can be bought later on, so just try surviving the early game.
History: It's not clear how the ships of the Uz'ran are really called, since they are a telepathic species that communicates with pictures... if they even to bother talking to you and dont start attacking immediately. So in order to classify the ships people gave them names which fitted the most. The Kraken is the most common ship of the Uz'ran. Armed with multiple smaller wave-generators and defensive lightning its a fearsome enemy... even in our dimension.

The Uz'ran Maggot: replaces Slug B
-> Weapons: 1 Light beam, 1 Light thrower.
-> Drones: 1 def I, 1 def II
-> No shields
-> Augments: Slug gel, Repair arm
Strategy: Upgrade your drones to 3 power as soon as possible so you can use the org II. This ship is crewless... so repairs take for ever. Try to get a repair drone or a crew member. This ship is hard as shit.
History: The Uz'ran are a highly adaptive species. They not only managed to travel to another dimension with different laws of physics... they also managed to breed new ships that are capable of surviving in our space without the aid of technological implants. The Maggot is the first new Generation of ships born in our universe. Since it has no mechanical parts its natural regeneration can heal up almost any damage done to its hull quicker than any weapon can inflict it. Sadly there were some small setbacks on the way. Like the maggots uncontrollable mind and hunger. Rumors have it that Maggots tend to eat any Uz'ran who's trying to get on board these ships. But Uz'ran bio-engineers are confident that they can resolve these issues within of 2-3 generations. For now the Maggots travel without a crew.

The Uz'ran Leviathan: replaces Crystal A
-> Weapons: 2 Organic Atomizers
-> Drones: 2 def II
-> No shields, no sensors
-> Augments: Slug gel, drone recovery
Strategy: You cant do anything against AI ships, otherwise just kill the crew of the enemy ships. Its like Boarding without a teleporter!
History: The Uz'ran Tribes are in constant competition with each other. The ones that loose are forced to leave their homelands. But that doesnt mean they dont intend to come back. The Leviathan is one of the strongest Uz'ran ships they have and was a fearsome enemy in their own dimension. As they are entering our one, the Uz'ran discovered the potential of mechanic Technology. And so they equipped their strongest ship with a new powerfull weapon: A Atomizer that was capable of -well- atomizing all organic matter. The Uz'ran are hoping to reconquer their old territories with this powerful device. However... as long as they are still in this universe there is a small problem left. The weapons of the Leviathan can not damage ships made out of metal. This is why the former flagship of the Uz'ran has become their weakest ship now.

The Uz'ran Squid: replaces Crystal B
-> Weapons: 1 Org Missile, 1 Heal goo.
-> Drones: 1 def III
-> No shields
-> only 1 Mantis
-> Augments: Slug gel, Nano bot
Strategy: Why does it only have 1 crew? Because I am mean and unreasonable.Use the Organic missiles to block of 1 crewman which you then can easly kill with your mantis. Dont waste your missiles though. Its recommended to buy an additional crewman early on.
History: The Squid is the Uz'ran ship with the most mechanical implants. It has been adapted with every piece of Technology the Uz'rans could steal. Including teleportation technology. How ever... Uz'rans would never use that device. Because of their Telepathic abilities they can hear the thoughts of someone thats being teleported. And they think that he just dies and a replica of him with all his memories gets created at the end location.
But the Uz'rans have their Bio-Warriors which they are sending through the teleport. They dont have telepathic abilities and will therefore go happily on a trip.

Download:
http://bit.ly/10OsHNi

Feedback is always welcome!

upcoming:
-more weapons and drones.
Last edited by Metzelmax on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
President Larry

Re: [Ship(s)+weapons] The Uz'ran Tribes 23.05.13 [WIP]

Postby President Larry » Fri May 24, 2013 5:19 am

Did it ever occur to you that no one wants your (honestly) awful ships made from 14-year old lego/star trek wet dreams? And what were you doing playing legos at age fourteen? Jesus. Stop making shitty ships its crowding out the good stuff.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Fri May 24, 2013 5:26 am

It's good that you decide what other people like and what not.
ImageImageImageImage
966socho

Postby 966socho » Sat May 25, 2013 3:14 am

Admittedly, his ships don't look like FTL ships, but they're by no means bad. There are only so many ways you can modify ships, and painting custom hulls and giving it a backstory are great ways to separate your mod from a hundred others
Epic.Tatooine.Sunset

Postby Epic.Tatooine.Sunset » Sun May 26, 2013 12:41 am

President Larry wrote:Did it ever occur to you that no one wants your (honestly) awful ships made from 14-year old lego/star trek wet dreams? And what were you doing playing legos at age fourteen? Jesus. Stop making shitty ships its crowding out the good stuff.

1) His ships are at least fanciful and imaginative.
2) Crowding out the good stuff? Is there a limit on how many mods can be listed here on the official forums?
3) Lego is cool. It encourages visual/ spatial reasoning skills in children. Many engineers got their start as kids building with Lego. What do you care if the guy was fourteen when he was playing around with Lego? What makes you so much cooler? You're a gamer. That makes you a nerd too. :D
I'm in my thirties. Give me a box full of random Lego and you goddamn better believe I will have a great time building something like a space station or spaceship.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun May 26, 2013 12:43 am

President Larry wrote:Did it ever occur to you that no one wants your (honestly) awful ships made from 14-year old lego/star trek wet dreams? And what were you doing playing legos at age fourteen? Jesus. Stop making shitty ships its crowding out the good stuff.

Well, maybe u could just said i dont like your mod, and thats it.. but i dont think u honestly thought wat u wrote.

So, lets forget that u said that, cuz maybe u dont like the mod, but any mod cost work, hours of time and patience that not everyone have. For example, i usually dont like mods that like in this case doesnt have a great artwork or watever u talking about, but not everything its about the ship graphics (that honestly its a question of taste, i really do like to see a good ship graphic, but it need to be a balance between graphics quality and ship balance / strategies). This is a fine mod, and its one of the only few that are really worthy the time on the community, so you should measure your words. But in any case, i agree with you in the question of taste, i prefer 90% of the time a good mod with decent ship / weapons artwork, since due to the limited capabilities of FTL about modding, in the end is the graphic artwork wat remains after all the modeable possibilites already done. That, and the great minds in this community to make original mods.

And other thing.. wat u have against star trek?? :evil: , i love star trek and i dont think my star trek mod is bad. On the opposite.. star trek is a really good source of modeable content.. and maybe the best science fiction fanchise ever made.. (you dont need to be a "trekkie" to appreciate star trek and its universe). So, dont mess up with STAR TREK!! :twisted: :evil: :( :) :lol:
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Ora_unit_SR388

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:01 am

I'd just love to mark this as spam........

but for now..........

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
boa13

Postby boa13 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:03 am

Ora_unit_SR388 wrote:I'd just love to mark this as spam........

but for now..........

In that case, please refrain from replying, especially considering others have already answered. Let's not fuel this fire.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Mon May 27, 2013 9:42 am

To get the Discussion back to the mod at hand:

I'm doing good so far, especially if you consider the 5 nebula-ion-storm beacons I had to go through the rebelfleet again because the exit wasnt connected to the beacon right next to it. At the moment I am out of fuel and the rebels are 1 jump away....
ImageImageImageImage
Metzelmax

Re: [Ship(s)+weapons] The Uz'ran Tribes 02.06.13 [WIP]

Postby Metzelmax » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:57 am

version 0.2a:

-added 1 new ship
-added 4 new weapons
-added 2 new drones
ImageImageImageImage