[SHIPS/WEAPONS] Star Trek Universe - Final update!.

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe - Final update!.

Postby speedoflight » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:30 am

Thanks jdowdy10, i will try to answer your questions..

1. I will never be in favor about making more powerful ships, since they are already powerful enough in som cases to past through sector 1-2 and had hard times on secotrs 3-4 +. I mean, time ago, i was planning to include enemy ships as well, but since the interest on this mod was not enough, i just finished it without making events, enemy ships (i was planning to make super enemies like a borg cube) and other stuff. So, there is no possibility for now to add enemy ships. But there is out there a mod made by someone i cant remember (and i tried to find in the forum but i have so little patience and i didnt find it), that adds more enemy ships and harder ones, son the first sectors will be harder if u are looking for that.

2. As i said, i was planning to make custom neutral / hostile events, and of course that will cause to fight events appear in lower quantity than usual, but not anymore, so i guess this is how it is.. unless someone offers to make em (and nobody will, trust me, some of em offered when i started this mod and after 1 week, they just dissappeared) since im really busy right now with my other mod and my own life, and i just dont want to waste more time on this mod, not if the interest of the people doesnt grow (since its too late for that, i guess thats it).

3. As u noticed if u followed this thread, i cant make augmentations unique for every ship, since that will crash the game. Of course that was my intention since the beginning, but for really odd reasons, u CANT limit augmentations to appear only in the loadout of the ship.

If u really are commited to work in the event section, i will even gain the will to keep updating this mod with new drones, weapons (but only a few, since all the races are provided with their characteristic weapons already) and other things, but more people will need to be interested to really keep this mod updating.

Well, unlocking every slot is really hard, so i wish u luck. And im glad, someone else liked this mod and had the "guts" xD to post a little opinion here. If u see the previous pages, there is a real lack of feedback and opinions that made me just to finish this mod fast and get a closure.

Modding FTL is really easy , events are maybe the hardest part since a little mistake on 1 character or a wrong missplace line can make the even not to work, or working at 50% or just crash the game. I will encourage you to start learning, since u will see is easier than it looks (of course its not "easy" to achive good looking ships and balanced ships and so on, u can see around the community so many mods that for weird reason pepole likes and they have horrible balance / graphic designs).
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Galahir950

Postby Galahir950 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Is there the remote possibility that we could see other ships, like the NX-01 Enterprise, Kazon, or USS Voyager?
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:16 pm

Galahir950 wrote:Is there the remote possibility that we could see other ships, like the NX-01 Enterprise, Kazon, or USS Voyager?

No, there is no way. Since the way FTL modding works is replacing the base slots of the game. We cant "ADD" ships, just replace the existing ones. The only way will be to erase one of the ships, the defiant or the Enterprise, and replace it with the voyager, for example. This is one of the reasons i dont make other mods, like an stargate one (i could make any ship of any side i want, wraith, asgard, ori, tauri, etc ships are not a problem) , because i will be out of slots for many sides.
ImageImage
KGB

Postby KGB » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:50 am

speedoflight,

First of all, let me express how much this mod means to me. When i first picked up ftl, i thought it was a great game. Played it for a day or two, then, like most people who work full time, i got busy and more or less forgot about it. Like many, many other games in my steam library, it was relegated to the general category of "cool, i might play this again if i ever get around to trying all the other games i haven't even loaded..." but working 7 days a week just to survive leaves little opportunity for such endeavors. However, being a long time fan of star trek, it was imperative that i at least check into the forums every few months investigating the possibility of there being some new mods.

It was disheartening to read that your hard work has not received much feedback. Well, allow me to remedy that by stating that your mod is fantastic! In fact, I don't play without it. It also pairs excellently with the "infinite space" mod which, to me, gives more of a star trek "feeling" of free exploration. Even though playing on normal difficulty results in my crew getting their asses handed to them more often than not, I intend to continue playing your mod until I at least unlock all of the available ships. Even though I have only been able to use the enterprise thus far, ftl in general has always seemed more "voyager-esque" in that the crew seems to be in deep space, making repairs on the fly, finding new recruits out in the middle of nowhere, salvaging raw materials for survival, etc.

Although I have no coding experience per se, if you are ever in need of assistance with this project in terms of writing, proof reading / beta testing, ideas, or anything else imaginable, please do not hesitate to contact me through PM. If not, then I will continue to play whatever is the latest version of your masterpiece i can manage to get my hands on. I can not thank you enough for your time and effort, your attention to detail of keeping everything as "authentic" as possible, and of course, for the fun i have already had and will continue to have unlocking every ship one by one.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanks KGB, im really glad u like the mod and of course Star Trek ;) , but i dont have more plans to keep updating this mod, since its already finished. Well, its not finished in terms that i could keep updating it (that was my intention) , but as i said, there is no point if people dont try it and give me their feedback to improve / add things to it. As i said, its a bit late, in fact, i am just stopping modding for FTL, i am updating the last little things here and there on my other mod, and if i keep modding in the community, it will be to update 2 or 3 more times (not more) my other Omicron dynasty mod and thats it. Believe me, the patience i had until 2 or 3 months ago was fantastic xD, but now, i lost all of it.

But, this doesnt mean that eventually i will make another update in this Star Trek mod, but in order to do that, people will need to give feedback here and point the things they want me to change, balance or improve, thats the only "requisite" im asking. If that doesnt happens, then no updates (logically) of any kind will come. Anyways, im glad another person is playing this mod, and KGB, dont be afraid of posting here your feedback issues when u advance unlocking all the ships. This mod is discontinued, but feedback and advises are always welcome, since i use to write it down everything people says to me and in the final updates thats where i put all the updates. But in this case, since nobody gave me anything, thats how it ends.
ImageImage
stardar1

Postby stardar1 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:50 pm

I have a bug to report, I don't know whether this is a bug with the mod or the game. when I was playing as the krenim warship (type A), at the final boss 1st stage, I got 3 sets of borders through my super shield. I know for a fact that on the 1st stage that the final boss doesn't teleport. I have not had this bug with any other ship so far.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:33 am

Well, the mod doesnt touch the boss or anything else, so maybe it is a bug of the game or the boss (i cant remember if in the first stage the boss can do boarding) actually can do boarders on the first stage..
ImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:59 am

stardar1 wrote:I have a bug to report, I don't know whether this is a bug with the mod or the game. when I was playing as the krenim warship (type A), at the final boss 1st stage, I got 3 sets of borders through my super shield. I know for a fact that on the 1st stage that the final boss doesn't teleport. I have not had this bug with any other ship so far.

Have you played mods in the past that edited the boss or anything remptley similar? It's possible a leftover piece of another mod caused the bug.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:23 pm

speedoflight wrote:
Galahir950 wrote:Is there the remote possibility that we could see other ships, like the NX-01 Enterprise, Kazon, or USS Voyager?

No, there is no way. Since the way FTL modding works is replacing the base slots of the game. We cant "ADD" ships, just replace the existing ones. The only way will be to erase one of the ships, the defiant or the Enterprise, and replace it with the voyager, for example. This is one of the reasons i dont make other mods, like an stargate one (i could make any ship of any side i want, wraith, asgard, ori, tauri, etc ships are not a problem) , because i will be out of slots for many sides.

Heh, why don't you make a themed mod? For example, find 18 Tau'ri-affiliated ships (F-302, BC-303, BC-304, stolen Ha'tak, Asgard ships (seeing as they have the knowledge needed to build them), stolen Al'kesh, stolen Death Glider, stolen Tel'tak, stolen Wraith Hive, to name a few. well, not a few, actually) and mod them into the game, with all ships hostile to the Tau'ri as NPCs. Or, to address Galahir950's question, choose a random 18 Starfleet ships, mod them into the game, make all other ships NPCs. :P
speedoflight

Re: [SHIPS/WEAPONS] Star Trek Universe - Final update!.

Postby speedoflight » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:47 pm

That will be a hell of work, and now i am completely working on the omicron dynasty mod, you should came here a couple of months ago.. anyways, i dont like the idea to make a "Tauri" focused mod that half of the ships are not really Tauri related. Asgard ships can be Tauri's side, but definitely the only thing they will share is the power source and the asgard beam. Asgard configuration is completely different from, for example the Daedalus. Same as wraith ships they have nothing in common with Taur'i ships, or the Goauld' ones.. if i only could have 4 more ship slots, i could make a completely dedicated mod, with Tauri, Asgard, Wraith, Goauld, Alterian, Ori and , for example Replicator ships, and minor races like Tolan ships or Nox, (these ships will need a lot of imagination, since there are not images of em i will need to "invent" em xD). The problem is, only for Tauri and Asgard i had planning 4 and 4 ships (8 slots) and then, i will have not enough slots for the rest.I mean it was complicated, but anyways, im not going to mod anything about this now, not until i feel i dont have more work on the omicron dynasty project.
ImageImage