[SHIPS/WEAPONS] Star Trek Universe - Final update!.

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
BrenTenkage

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe - Final update!.

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:24 am

Oh, then I'll do it tommorow, its too late to record and upload. Hell, I'll even do a face cam just for you because this is gonna be your last mod it would seem
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Updated the link on the first post with the fixes, enjoy!.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tivlcsb7uSo

Sorry, it took a while to get the video upload because I'm using a new recording thing, not to mention it has a face cam, please enjoy
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
KingIsaacLinksr

Postby KingIsaacLinksr » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:08 am

Hey, thanks for updating the mod and fixing it. I've been playing around with it quite a bit lately and was hoping you'd fix it before finishing up development. :).
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog: www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
A Paladin Without A Crusade Gaming Channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:05 pm

Np. I dont like to have things unfinished ;) Anyways, for unexpected circunstances, i will have more free time now, so this is not going to be my last mod. But i dont think i will continue working (i had more weapon and drone ideas that i was planning to include in differente patches) on this mod, due to the lack of interest of the community, but im sure i will release other mod soon, so keep tuned!.
ImageImage
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:06 pm

speedoflight wrote:Np. I dont like to have things unfinished ;) Anyways, for unexpected circunstances, i will have more free time now, so this is not going to be my last mod. But i dont think i will continue working (i had more weapon and drone ideas that i was planning to include in differente patches) on this mod, due to the lack of interest of the community, but im sure i will release other mod soon, so keep tuned!.

Your sprite work looks top notch, it'd be a shame if you left the community! How come you haven't delved into the events side of things?
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
darkph0rze

Postby darkph0rze » Thu May 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Loved this mod since I first tried it a few versions ago and you just made it even better.
Thank you very much for finishing it.
Hat's off to you Sir. 8-)
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu May 02, 2013 6:08 pm

darkph0rze wrote:Loved this mod since I first tried it a few versions ago and you just made it even better.
Thank you very much for finishing it.
Hat's off to you Sir. 8-)

Im glad u enjoyed it.

Its not too late for u guys to write here some stuff u want to be in the mod, and things u want to change. Cuz i will be gathering a lot of data for the next update, that will be not soon, thats for sure. The idea is, instead of making updates everyweek or so, just doing a big one with all the user requests / advices.
ImageImage
dstruct2k

Postby dstruct2k » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:20 pm

Mod looks good, one issue I noticed: It's spelt "Jem'Hadar".
jdowdy10

Postby jdowdy10 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:37 pm

I just wanted to log in and tell you this looks awesome. I thought about trying to learn to mod, but you've basically taken everything I wanted to do ship wise and implemented it.

Here are just a few ideas that I also had that you can implement if you want...

1) Make the ships powerful and enemies very powerful. I was thinking that the Enterprise should be a formidable ship with two heavy lasers and a torpedo weapon. Naturally it would dominate the beginning of the game. So my solution would be to make the game harder during the beginning and throughout so that you could accurately portray the power of the ships.

2) This ties into number one, but make the combat happen less and the events happen more, but re-write the events so you have an incentive to upgrade systems. As an example, as you would be playing with the Enterprise you would need to upgrade your scanners, medbay, etc to take advantage of the blue events, but getting the scrap to do that would be harder to do as you know that the enemies are powerful and any fight would cause damage.

3) You seem to have done a very good job of this so far, but balance on the ships would need to be tuned if you went with idea two. Each augment and weapon would have to really be an advantage for every race. Also, I'm of the opinion that after a fight with the weaker ships you should recover some health sort of like the Repair Arm to try and recoup some of the cost of battle damage.

That all being said I have no idea how hard this stuff is or the incentive you have to do it. If you ever do have the incentive to do it, I'm sure my girlfriend and I could re-write a lot of the events in the game as we are both huge Star Trek nerds and I think it is something she would really enjoy doing.

Also, I can't play the mod just yet as I haven't unlocked all the ships. I've been playing exclusively as the Kestral until I got "good". I think I am now "good enough" and I am going to be focusing on unlocking the rest of the ships just because I want to play this mod.