[WIP] Halo 4 : Broadsword ship

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Revenant721

[WIP] Halo 4 : Broadsword ship

Postby Revenant721 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Greetings FTL and Halo fans! I've fallen in love with this game since I first played it and am surprised with how talented and large the modding community is, so I decided I'd get a piece of the action :D

As this is my first custom-from-the-scratch ship, I want it to look and function well and will probably take a few weeks to finish it (due to school) and release my first version.

Version 1.1 Download (No Gibs and strangely off-centered)
http://www.mediafire.com/?4kkc7qyqfb5fug7

EDIT: I've started reworking the overall ship with a new room layout and a new appearance to better suit FTL. I'm keeping 1.1 here for those that do not use AE, I'm currently having issues making the new version work due to the out-dated Superluminal... I will post pictures of the new sprite though.

Progress: 80%
    To-Do List:
  • Completed- Base sprite
  • In Progress- Gibs (0/5)
  • Completed- Cloak
  • Completed- Floor
  • Completed- Room Layout
  • Completed- Weapons and Systems
  • Completed- Custom Shield
  • Having Issues- Pack it up and test
OLD SPRITE
Base Sprite -
BS1.png

New Sprites
broadswordremake.png

broadswordremake_shield.png
Last edited by Revenant721 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Baldwebby360

Re: [WIP] Halo 4 : Broadsword ship

Postby Baldwebby360 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:52 am

I'll keep an eye on this.
Kestrel A, Kestrel B, Stealth A, Stealth B, Mantis A, Mantis B, Engi A, Engi B, Cruiser A, Cruiser B, Slug A, Slug B, Rock A, Rock B, Zoltan A, Zoltan B, Crystal A, Crystal B.
Red is locked, green is a win with that ship.
DauntlessK

Postby DauntlessK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:23 pm

Looks really nice. I like the artwork a lot. Me and LordofHam are working on a halo mod (Along with my project, see sig) but that will feature the Pillar, UNSC frig and covenant cruiser.

Also since this is a WIP it probably should be under "mod development" not "working mods" section.
Revenant721

Postby Revenant721 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:42 pm

DauntlessK wrote:Looks really nice. I like the artwork a lot. Me and LordofHam are working on a halo mod (Along with my project, see sig) but that will feature the Pillar, UNSC frig and covenant cruiser.

Also since this is a WIP it probably should be under "mod development" not "working mods" section.

I had been hoping to work on a Covie Corvette after I made the Broadsword haha :P
And I wasn't sure since the description for "Mod Development" is "Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding" :|
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:55 pm

Usually mod are in "Development" until they reach a playable stage at least. With or without links. However more often modders go straight to "Working Mods" and iron out the kinks there.

It's an informal rule. :)

For now, i will move the topic to Development until you are ready to provide a working, playable version. When that happens, post in the topic or PM a moderator to request a topic move.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
ArmedKevin117

Postby ArmedKevin117 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Hey, 2 things about your ship. (Which is very nice, BTW).
1. The medbay, center corridor, and engine room, not being room sizes built into the base game, have inaccurate room images for no O2. Also, such a large medbay on a fighter is somewhat inaccurate, even ported to FTL.
2. The off-center thing is actually easy to fix. Just go into Superluminal and select calculate optimal offset.
Hope to see this one keep going.
Revenant721

Postby Revenant721 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:33 am

Oh jeez, it's been a long time... I had completely forgotten about this project, but I'm starting it up again. I'll be building the ship files from scratch to see if I can improve it overall, but the sprites themselves will relatively stay the same.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:01 pm

I would actually love to use a Star Trek or Halo ship mod. Sadly all of them are just cut and pasted from other games instead of drawn. Whats the point of having one of your favorite ships if its COMPLETELY different from the rest of the game in terms of color/design? Maybe if you draw over your original image using something more in line with FTL it would be easier to change?
Revenant721

Postby Revenant721 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:14 am

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:I would actually love to use a Star Trek or Halo ship mod. Sadly all of them are just cut and pasted from other games instead of drawn. Whats the point of having one of your favorite ships if its COMPLETELY different from the rest of the game in terms of color/design? Maybe if you draw over your original image using something more in line with FTL it would be easier to change?

I actually did that for the new version of the ship. Sadly due to the old version of Superluminal, I am unable to upload a function version at this time but I have everything planned out.
(Edited the main post with new details and sprites)
ArmedKevin117

Postby ArmedKevin117 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:29 pm

Were you aware that the current version of Superluminal is functional for AE?