I will try it soon

*Edit*
Magma Ship RuleZ

MANTISFIST
The MG Fleet Is Here!
19acomst

Re: [SHIP] The Marauders

Postby 19acomst » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:05 pm

Hi. COuld you post a different link that doesnt use 7zip?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Yeah, hang on. It will be up in 10 minutes or so.

EDIT - Well... wikisend is crapping out on me for no reason. Here is the link, but i'm not sure it works: http://wikisend.com/download/364230

If it doesn't work i guess you're stuck with the 7z file for now. 7zip is nothing to be affraid of though, it's a nice small open source archiver that supports zip and rar files as well as 7z all in one. If for whatever reason you don't want it, i'll try to provide a zip download.

And finally i would not recommend playing the IceLord ship as it's poorly balanced. One of these days i should update the mod and fix it.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:58 am

Love the sound of the story. Can I integrate it into my own planned mod series/story?
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:21 am

NewAgeOfPower wrote:Love the sound of the story. Can I integrate it into my own planned mod series/story?

Absolutely! :D

I find the story lacking, and the mod isn't or wasn't explained very well. Got an itch to develop the story some more with a few events and rework the mod. Thinking of adding one or two ships, and placing each in it's own .ftl file because i need to restrict certain systems, and that's not gonna work very well with a single .ftl.

The way i want the story to unfold is to keep the origins of the ships a mystery, only giving the player small hints about why it's neccesary to strike at the Federation and Rebels, who might be behind it, and to give each ship a slightly different reason for existing and a different choice of events. So maybe one captain will be a dick, and another one more of a good guy. The outcome will allways be the same though, with the demise of the Rebel's Flagship, but maybe for a different reason.

I would love to pit the ships against each other using an event, but i have not modded events or enemy ships, so i'm not sure how that will go. I'll be disecting some other mods out there for clues, as allways. :)

I've got three ships so far, 2 balanced pretty well and one giving me a headache but definetly showing signs of potential. That means that eventually a 2.0 version will come out, but don't let that stop you from creating your mod! Feel free to take whatever you want of the existing mod and spin it in any way you want, i'm not selfish.

Good luck with your work.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Mod is updated to v1.1 - download link available on page 1.

Only a tiny change to nerf the IceLord a little. It may still change once v2.0 comes out. Future version will feature expanded/better crafted backstory, some new ships, events, possible balance changes and whatever else. No ETA.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:13 am

This looks like a fun mod, 1 is based on fire and the other is based on ice, can you make a third that is a 50/50 of ice and fire? That would be a nice touch for the set.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:00 pm

There is a Fion Cruiser Mod that sounds exactly what you're looking for. :)
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:37 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:This looks like a fun mod, 1 is based on fire and the other is based on ice, can you make a third that is a 50/50 of ice and fire? That would be a nice touch for the set.

UltraMantis wrote:There is a Fion Cruiser Mod that sounds exactly what you're looking for. :)

Fion Cruiser. :roll:
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:56 pm

There is a Fion Cruiser Mod that sounds exactly what you're looking for. :) Fion Cruiser.

Needs more crystals!

In short: It reminds me to much of 2 vanilla ships I dislike the most
(In short, it's because both ships rely on ammo and the Kestrel only won my heart in FotF)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.