[MOD][NEW UPDATE! 3.3.2013][v1.2] Advanced Battle Systems

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Flenn777

Re: [MOD][NEW UPDATE! 3.3.2013][v1.2] Advanced Battle System

Postby Flenn777 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:04 am

Stupid question I'm sure, but I've read this entire thread twice and I have no idea how to install this mod. I've replaced .xml with .ftl but I'm lucky if SMM even registers that it's in the mod folder. Honestly I'm stumped. I've got a few other mods installed and didn't have any problems. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm guessing I need to go in and replace certain files in the actual game folders, but I'd rather get professional instructions than try to go in there blind and half-cocked and break my game somehow.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:53 am

Try to rename Advanced Battle Systems v1.2_w_asteroids_and_graphics_fix.zip
to: Advanced Battle Systems v1.2_w_asteroids_and_graphics_fix.ftl

That should get it to work with SMM. You may need to enable the "Show filename extension" option in Windows.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Flenn777

Postby Flenn777 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:55 am

Worked perfectly! Thanks a lot!
jhmgrose

Postby jhmgrose » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:22 am

Any plans to increase power to the new modules in FTL: Advanced Edition?
mikekearn

Postby mikekearn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 pm

I second jhmgrose's question! This was one of my favorite mods to play with, because it gave those runs where I amassed a lot of extra scrap something to spend it on.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:25 am

jhmgrose wrote:Any plans to increase power to the new modules in FTL: Advanced Edition?
mikekearn wrote:I second jhmgrose's question! This was one of my favorite mods to play with, because it gave those runs where I amassed a lot of extra scrap something to spend it on.

The only problem is that increasing the power of the AE systems doesn't work as well as it did with most of the previous system. Examples:

Clone Bay: 4+ power = instant cloning and "15746294" health regen each jump (looks a bit weird on the UI)
Hacking: 4 power = 0 SECOND!!!! Hacking (worthless), 5 power = 250 Seconds of Hacking! (OP and broken as all hell)
Mind Control: simply cannot be increased past 3 power, it has to be hardcoded somehow... Strange

Backup Battery: The only one that actually works nicely. It simple gives 2+ energy for each level you upgrade it. So level 4 would give 8 power.

This is all rather unfortunate as I would have like to see the AE systems get an upgrade through modding. But the only ones that will really work are Clone Bay and Backup Battery. This makes it seem weird then if the other systems are not able to upgrade 4 levels too.
Ebonholt

Postby Ebonholt » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:52 am

Would this mod still work with AE turned on?
What about CE Infinite? Will it screw with the increased upgrade costs, or will it just add the level 4 price set by the author, and leave the increased prices for level 2 and 3 set by CE Infinite alone?
epicguy

Postby epicguy » Tue May 06, 2014 8:24 am

Ebonholt wrote:Would this mod still work with AE turned on?
What about CE Infinite? Will it screw with the increased upgrade costs, or will it just add the level 4 price set by the author, and leave the increased prices for level 2 and 3 set by CE Infinite alone?

Id like to know this myself, also how do you circumvent the limits on power with these systems??
New Guy

Postby New Guy » Tue May 06, 2014 11:17 am

This mod is not yet updated (I wonder if the author will ever update this), and should be assumed incompatible.
As for the pricing, it will replace the default price (and limits, as should be obvious) for all non-AE systems to what is specified in the mod.
======================
[WIP] Federation Strike Cruiser | Progress: 100% Art, 0% Coding
(Project pending until Superluminal2)
Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Fri May 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Whenever I install this mod, FTL crashes with a XMl error. I'm using SlipStream 1.4.

In Slipstream, I checked the Mod and clicked Validate, and I get this result:

@ Advanced Battle Systems v1.2_w_asteroids_and_graphics_fix.ftl:
--------------------------------------------------------------

> data/blueprints.xml.append

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
! <title...>...</type>

FTL itself can tolerate lots of XML typos and still run. But malformed XML may break tools that do proper parsing, and it hinders the development of new tools.

Since v1.2, Slipstream will try to parse XML while patching: first strictly, then failing over to a sloppy parser. The sloppy parser will tolerate similar errors, at the risk of unforseen behavior, so satisfying the strict parser is advised.