[SHIP] My first ship. The C-1092

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
MeGusta

[SHIP] My first ship. The C-1092

Postby MeGusta » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:01 am

So be easy on me and give tips if there is something wrong.
This is the C-1092. It is made for teleportation combat. You get in, than out as quit as possible. I made this because I could not find any ships of this type. It looks the same as the Type B stealth fighter.

Info
It starts with the FTL Jammer, don't when them leaving before you can "relieve" them of command.
1 Human (The captain) and 3 Mantis (The fighters)

Systems
-4 room teleporter
-Cloaking
-Medbay
-The essentials (Engine, oxygen, piloting etc etc)
-Sensors
- Starts with Mini Beam

Enjoy and give tips if something is bad or wrong.

Download link

Alternate version with no human.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/om9941tayy4wu ... 0human.zip

Version 1.1 Changed up the weapon starting power to 1.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivjqk8tkyic8g ... %201.1.zip

OLD VERSIONS
Version 1.0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4klqtbuairmjcb/C-1092.zip
Last edited by MeGusta on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ginger Dragon

Re: [SHIP] My first ship. The C-1092

Postby Ginger Dragon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:56 am

Bug wise, the only thing I really noticed was a door WAAAYYY below the ship. If you're looking in the hangar, you can see it in the drones information. Also, despite the fact that the ship now only has a mini beam, you kept the weapons and reactor power the same as the vanilla ship.
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
MeGusta

Postby MeGusta » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 am

Ginger Dragon wrote:Bug wise, the only thing I really noticed was a door WAAAYYY below the ship. If you're looking in the hangar, you can see it in the drones information. Also, despite the fact that the ship now only has a mini beam, you kept the weapons and reactor power the same as the vanilla ship.

Going to look into that. Thanks.
MC3craze

Postby MC3craze » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Could you please provide screenshots? It alwasy bugs me to see an interesting mod, and no pictures of the ship or its layout.
Agg Shell

Postby Agg Shell » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:52 pm

seems to me like it's the mantis type B, only the opposite. (cloaking, more crew) maybe leave behind the human, for a little extra challenge?
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
MeGusta

Postby MeGusta » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:15 pm

An alternate version has been made.

I took out the human. Also, I don't know how to fix that door issue I will try to check it.

Also, I was thinking of doing some minor editing to the ship image if anyone knows a good free pogram to do that please tell me. (By minor I mean stuff like adding "C-1092" and some markings)
Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm

MeGusta wrote:An alternate version has been made.

I took out the human. Also, I don't know how to fix that door issue I will try to check it.

Also, I was thinking of doing some minor editing to the ship image if anyone knows a good free pogram to do that please tell me. (By minor I mean stuff like adding "C-1092" and some markings)

To do the ship editing, I use "Paint.net" its free and very easy to use.
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Just a note. In my Starcraft mod there are three teleporter-focused ships: the Medivac, the Overlord and the Warp Prism. The Overlord has 3 Mantis and a Slug, and a 6 (!) space teleporter. Originally I had it with 4 Mantis... and that was horrible. They're so slow at repairing and putting out fires. The Overlord doesn't have any shield, and I can't quite tell from your description but it looks like your C-1092 doesn't have shields either, just cloak? That sounds like a recipe for pain. Even with shields, a crew of just mantis is going to be painfully slow to fix the ship after you take a beating.

What I'm saying is, be sure to give your mod a good long playthrough first, and make sure it's possible to get reasonably far with it; and while you're doing so, make sure there aren't any hideously annoying bits about the ship apart from those that you deliberately want to be there :)
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Spearka

Postby Spearka » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:17 pm

look in the xml file, if there is a section of text regarding a door way, way down along the Y-axis that is what you are looking for
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:35 am

Code: Select all

ROOM
1   - room number, starting from 0.
7   - x coordinate, starting from 0. 0 is the leftmost position a room can have. 1 moves it 35 px to the right, moves it 70 px and so on.
8   - y coordinate, starting from 0. 0 is topmost position. Same as x, each number moves a room by 35 px.
2   - width of a room. you can use any but the game expects 1 or 2 only. each value represents a 35x35 px block.
1   - height of a room. save as above.

DOOR
2   - x coordinate. same as rooms.
2   - y coordinate. same as rooms.
0   - number of room to the left, or above the room you are connecting to (except for airlocks. use number of room you are connecting to in that case).
1   - number of room you are connecting to (except for airlocks. use -1 in that case).
1   - is the door horizontal (0) or vertical (1).
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.