[MOD][LIST] !Please make a mod request! [DEAD]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
DryEagle

Re: [MOD][LIST] OliMods !Please make a mod request!

Postby DryEagle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:17 pm

You can't change room graphics based on whether or not they're damaged.
You can't animate rooms apart from with glow layers - however using a glow that looks like emh may work here. Though, I'm not sure about that because by default medbay doesn't have glow, so I'm not certain if the game will let you add one there or if it's hardcoded to only certain rooms. Try it and see!
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
shark

Postby shark » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Why is this in working mods catalyst? :)))) Don't you know these kinda threads make you look bad? :)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
KABOOOOOM57

Postby KABOOOOOM57 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Sorry if someone has already come up with this, (As far as I know no one has) but you should try to make a real in depth crew mod. Make it so it adds a level up system and skill tree for your crew members kinda like a Role playing game. I wonder why someone hasn't tried to make a conversion mod to make FTL a Role playing game? Is it even possible?
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:53 am

The only thing you can change with crew is the race name/description, crew names, and crew graphics/sounds. The stats cannot be altered.
ImageImageImageImage
steel915

Postby steel915 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Can you make a mod that enables the drone bay to be manned, similar to the weapon systems that increases productivity of the drones, such as speed, health, projectiles etc.

Also i mentioned this in my own thread
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13232

but a drone expansion that enables more drones/less weapons, more drone power slots etc etc.

Thanks!
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:38 am

Manned systems are hard-coded, it's not possible.
ImageImageImageImage
snowhusky5

Postby snowhusky5 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:25 pm

One thing I can think of that would be nice is if you could tell your defense drones what to shoot at in game. Super annoying when you're in a asteroid field and your drone is wasting all its shots on the asteroids while letting the shield-piercing missiles through. Same goes for defense mk II's - shooting down the harmless lasers and not the missiles or boarding drones...

Not sure how easy this would be. Probably not very. As for how to change it in-game, I think adding to the in-game options menu would be best, or maybe a little menu in between the main systems bar and the subsystems bar. Maybe a check-box for each type of projectile, laser, missile, or asteroid?
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Tue May 28, 2013 1:39 am

Could you make a mod that adds an engine room system? I'm not sure if it's even possible, but having a room that produces all the power for your ship would be pretty darn cool. Then on other ships, you could target that room to take out some of their power bars. Thanks!
themadhatter300

Postby themadhatter300 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm not sure if this is even open anymore but,
my request is:

Would it be possible to make a mod where you could 'give' yourself a amount of scrap (say, 500)?

i.e.
a short line of code saying give x 500 scrap

or

a starting event (i believe thats what its called) where you can click continue or click take 100, 200, 500, 100 Scrap (those would be options to the event)

Thanks ever so much and I will check back in a few days and see if anyone has read this...

:D

*PS if you can PM on the forum, then that would probably be preferred because usually that sends a email to me*
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue May 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Sure, those are really easy events, but i dont see the point of giving u 500 scrap.. not if u want to ENJOY this game.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage