[MOD][LIST] !Please make a mod request! [DEAD]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Catalyst78

[MOD][LIST] !Please make a mod request! [DEAD]

Postby Catalyst78 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:13 am

Soon this shall be a neat little list of mods created by myself. However I have only created one mod at the moment. I have a pretty darn grasp of modding FTL now and would be happy to create a mod for you, please just make a request!

Better Mercenaries 1.3 :geek:
Created by Catalyst78 - First Release 3rd Feb 2013
Tired of slaughtering every mercenary that darer fly your path of destruction? Want some of those neat little blue options to spice up your mercenary encounter? Well look no further!

With the intention of making mercenary encounters a little more interesting I have tripled the amount of code in the mercenary encounter event!

:idea: Downloads :idea:

Please give lots of feedback! and feel free to make requests! Any other mods I create I will add to this topic!
Last edited by Catalyst78 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ehecatl

Re: [MOD][LIST] OliMods !Please make a request!

Postby Ehecatl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:57 am

Mercenaries are not useless.... What are you talking about? Maybe you run into them too late? I find the cost they ask cheap for the services they provide and at times it pays for itself to either hold off the Rebels for a few turns or get that extra sector information.
Catalyst78

Postby Catalyst78 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Ehecatl wrote:Mercenaries are not useless.... What are you talking about? Maybe you run into them too late? I find the cost they ask cheap for the services they provide and at times it pays for itself to either hold off the Rebels for a few turns or get that extra sector information.

I'm sorry but personally I end up just killing the mercenary for his scrap almost every single time.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:05 pm

Except when it's a poxy Zoltan. :lol: Or if your lvl3 sensors betray that they have a huge Drone Control system. Sometimes it's nice to have an option not to fight but still have an alternative bonus of some kind. That is what the mercenary event is for.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
dhlordofdead

Re: [MOD][LIST] OliMods !Please make a mod request!

Postby dhlordofdead » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:18 am

i dont know if this is even possible but can you set the player ship to a drone craft (e.g. one without crew)? if so you could make a mod where your drone ship "floats" around the sectors while coming across random events such as people boarding the craft and having the choice to ether kill them because they might be evil. or let them live because they might be good and help out on the ship.
also if you could make it so your ship loses one power every X amount of turns and can only be kept running by spending scrap each time it loses one power to regain that power (perhaps with some sort of scaling to make it harder the longer you play)
of course with more random events and such but this would need thinking about more.
Catalyst78

Postby Catalyst78 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:09 am

dhlordofdead wrote:i dont know if this is even possible but can you set the player ship to a drone craft (e.g. one without crew)?

Yes it is possible, hard but possible.
To make it work it would require a rewrite of the event list and a very large number of other changes to the game.
If someone where to supply/create the drone ship with all the correct rooms and systems I wouldn't mind doing the rest. :D
MeGusta

Postby MeGusta » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Request: New crystal ship please.

ANYTHING exotic that replaces the crystal ship A. 8-)
dhlordofdead

Postby dhlordofdead » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:15 am

id be happy to try and make the ships :) just i've never done it before. but im happy to give it a try
EDIT could you not just turn all of the original ships into drone versions of themselves ?
dhlordofdead

Postby dhlordofdead » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:03 pm

im finding it really hard to make the drone ships because of them being side on for their pick and i cant work out any way that it will work ???? when i load the mod with gmm (using my turned versions of the drone craft pick) all it shows ingame is a giant black box rather than a pick
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:06 pm

I didn't see any blue options when I installed this mod and found a merc...could someone tell me what the blue options are? :mrgreen: