[MOD] UnlockedAugmentations 1.1

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
karmos

[MOD] UnlockedAugmentations 1.1

Postby karmos » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:52 am

UnlockedAugmentations is a small mod that makes Vanilla's ship-specific augmentations (Engi Med-bot Dispersal, Drone Reactor Booster, Mantis Pheromones, Rock Plating, Slug Repair Gel, Titanium System Casing, Zoltan Shield) findable in events and shops in their respective racial sectors.

Engi Med-bot Dispersal - Engi Controlled and Engi Home Sectors
Drone Reactor Booster - Nebula Sectors
Mantis Pheromones - Mantis Controlled and Mantis Home Sectors
Rock Plating - Rock Controlled and Rock Home Sectors
Slug Repair Gel - Slug Controlled and Slug Home Nebula Sectors
Titanium System Casing - Pirate Sectors
Zoltan Shield - Zoltan Controlled and Zoltan Home Sectors

Each augmentation is as rare as the Weapons Pre-Igniter in their sectors, meaning each is ultimately rarer than other augments in Vanilla due to their sector specificity. Titanium Systems Casing and Drone Reactor Boosters are as rare as Repair Arms, Stealth Weapons, Advanced FTL Navigation, and FTL Jammers in their respective sectors. Augmentation costs have been modified to reflect accurate sale values and may be adjusted in later versions of the mod.

This mod shouldn't conflict with other mods unless augmentations are being tweaked. If you are using a ship or weapons mod in conjunction with UnlockedAugmentations and want to preserve the changes made to augmentations in those mods, simply place UnlockedAugmentations above the other mods in GMM's modorder.txt file.

Get the .ftl here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52422693/Unlock ... ns_1.1.ftl

CHANGELOG
1.1 Raised the prices of some augmentations.
Last edited by karmos on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
256spam

Re: [MOD] UnlockedAugmentations 1.0

Postby 256spam » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:10 pm

this one is broken too! why are alll your files Zips not .ftl s!!! other mods work!!!!
Jonfon

Postby Jonfon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 pm

256spam wrote:this one is broken too! why are alll your files Zips not .ftl s!!! other mods work!!!!

See the other thread on how to rename.

But weirdly for me it is a .ftl. Are you picking Open or Save when it pops up? Open might be causing the issue. For me in Opera it Save gives me a Save dialog and the default filename is UnlockedAugmentations_1.0.ftl

I'd suspect your browser, not the link or mod, is causing the problem. Remember, there are lots of different browsers out there and everyone has their system set up differently so it's easy for an install to go funky in ways the modder has never experienced before.
256spam

Postby 256spam » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:43 pm

I hit save, i think its my winrar fucking with m, but your other solution worked so YAY
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 pm

For zip files, go into the GMM config and change the allow zip option to true.
karmos

Postby karmos » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:40 pm

256spam wrote:this one is broken too! why are alll your files Zips not .ftl s!!! other mods work!!!!

This is only a guess, but I suspect it may be because I'm developing on a Mac and not a PC. Perhaps OSX and Windows handle file extensions differently enough that issues arise in a case like this.
UltraMantis

Re: [MOD] UnlockedAugmentations 1.1

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:26 pm

Are you sure these are not available already? I'm pretty sure i saw Engi MedBots once in their sector. Though they are as rare as crystal ships, i'm sure i've seen 'em.

Now confirm i'm crazy. :?
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:12 am

You get given stuff like that for completing the ship-unlock quest, but not available from the stores, far as my memory serves.
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:35 am

DryEagle wrote:You get given stuff like that for completing the ship-unlock quest, but not available from the stores, far as my memory serves.

Ah, could be that then.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Engi Nano-Bot Dispersal and I think Rock Armor Plating are available from events, but not from stores.

You get the Nanobots from (Spoiler): giving the Engi refugees 40 scrap, fuel and missiles.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.