[SHIP] The Federation Secret

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheDarkdu42

[SHIP] The Federation Secret

Postby TheDarkdu42 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:39 pm

The Federation Secret Ship

Hi guys, I made a new Ship !
His name ? The Federation Secret.
It has got 35 hull points, all rooms, and a 4 humans crew.
It replace the Energy Ship A.

Weapons :

- Breach Missile
- Heavy Laser II

Screenshots :

The Federation Secret.jpg

The Federation Secret - Fight.jpg

The Federation Secret - Upgrades.jpg

Download :

http://www.mediafire.com/?z8inbvnarg20pv6
You want to destroy every ships ?
Try this : http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10873
Kieve

Re: [SHIP] The Federation Secret

Postby Kieve » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:32 pm

I don't usually go off the rails on a rant without trying to be constructive, but this is some of the laziest work I've seen crop up. You didn't even bother to turn the ship graphic, the floor plan is practically a duplicate of the Fed_bomber class, there's no way to repair the sensors or O2 (death sentence for your crew), no airlocks, it has no gibs (not that you're ever likely to see them when you start with every system unlocked)...

Look, I'm all for encouraging people to test their boundaries, try their hand at modding, but IMO there are projects worth releasing to share with people, and then there are projects you make just for yourself while you're learning how to do things. To me, this feels like the second category.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 am

It's a start. Modding ships is not easy.

The ship does need work, but even more than that it needs an idea, a concept. Having a powerfull ship from the start isn't very interesting. I would like to see a theme to a ship. All the vanilla ships are very different from each other and with the exception of the Nisos, all are fun to play and challenging.

Not a bad first crack at making a ship. But time to make it better. Either by fixing the errors, modiflying visuals or altering the gameplay.

Good luck. :)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
TheDarkdu42

Postby TheDarkdu42 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:42 am

UltraMantis wrote:It's a start. Modding ships is not easy.

The ship does need work, but even more than that it needs an idea, a concept. Having a powerfull ship from the start isn't very interesting. I would like to see a theme to a ship. All the vanilla ships are very different from each other and with the exception of the Nisos, all are fun to play and challenging.

Not a bad first crack at making a ship. But time to make it better. Either by fixing the errors, modiflying visuals or altering the gameplay.

Good luck. :)

I Understand. I am trying to change the color of this ship and i will delete rooms to make the ship hardest.
I'm sorry for the missings doors, i didn't saw them. I'm working on this ship and i coming soon will update the post.
It's one of my first ships so i hope you will like it.
I'm trying to add a new weapon too but this isn't for today.
You want to destroy every ships ?
Try this : http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10873