[MOD] DronesPlus 0.7.8

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Noobjuice

Re: [MOD] DronesPlus 0.7.7

Postby Noobjuice » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:15 am

I think I found the bug in this mod that makes the new drones so uncommon. If you change the droneBlueprint name from DRONE_XXX to COMBAT_XXX, they start appearing properly in stores and events. I have no idea why this works though, as it shouldn’t make any difference what their name are. It probably has something to do with the hardcoded part of the game.

Anyway, I’ve tested it and the mod works fine now; you can download an updated version here.
(This is just a temporary link until karmos updates the mod).

I also tweaked the rareness to make the new drones a tad more common, but if too many people complain then I’ll change it back. ;)
karmos

Re: [MOD] DronesPlus 0.7.7

Postby karmos » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:59 am

Noobjuice wrote:I think I found the bug in this mod that makes the new drones so uncommon. If you change the droneBlueprint name from DRONE_XXX to COMBAT_XXX, they start appearing properly in stores and events. I have no idea why this works though, as it shouldn’t make any difference what their name are. It probably has something to do with the hardcoded part of the game.

Anyway, I’ve tested it and the mod works fine now; you can download an updated version here.
(This is just a temporary link until karmos updates the mod).

I also tweaked the rareness to make the new drones a tad more common, but if too many people complain then I’ll change it back. ;)

You, Noobjuice, are gentleperson and a scholar. I've included your tweaks in 0.7.8.

For all those with concerns about balance, I've been away from FTL for close to a year now. If DronesPlus is updated, it won't be until after Advanced Edition comes out. In the mean time, the intrepid are welcome to upload their own tweaks to this thread.
glassofwater

Re: [MOD] DronesPlus 0.7.8

Postby glassofwater » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:16 pm

Bump, looking for confirmation this works in AE, maybe some info on a potential content expansion? I for one am not interested in the big mods that use this. I like vanilla, more than chocolate.
Click the Pikachu for my steam profile.
steel915

Postby steel915 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Does this work for AE? I'd love more drones like captains edition but dont want everything that goes with it.
Thanks!
Noobjuice

Postby Noobjuice » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:22 pm

It's been a while since we heard anything from Karmos, so while we wait for an update I figured I'd release a version of DronesPlus that's AE compatible.

This version doesn't have Karmos' Fire Drone and Beam Drone MK2 (because AE now has it's own versions of them). But I've also included a patch that will replace the AE drone sprites with Karmos' versions, so you can choose the design that you like. 8-)

Download:
Drones Plus 0.7.8AE
steel915

Postby steel915 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:50 pm

Oh my god thankyou so much! I've wanted more drone options since AE released and this gives me pretty much everything i've wanted.
You wonderful bastard you!