[MOD] DronesPlus 0.7.8

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
256spam

Re: [MOD] DronesPlus 0.7.3

Postby 256spam » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:13 am

Your file isnt a .ftl file for me, it is a .zip! please help because this is such a great mod and i really want it, i love drones
karmos

Postby karmos » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:59 am

256spam wrote:Your file isnt a .ftl file for me, it is a .zip! please help because this is such a great mod and i really want it, i love drones

It is a .ftl on the download link, but fixing your problem is easy. Just change the file extension to .ftl and it will work immediately. If you're using a Mac you may have to change the file extension by viewing the file information (you can do this with the Command-I shortcut). Thanks for your support!
256spam

Postby 256spam » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:08 pm

karmos wrote:
256spam wrote:Your file isnt a .ftl file for me, it is a .zip! please help because this is such a great mod and i really want it, i love drones

It is a .ftl on the download link, but fixing your problem is easy. Just change the file extension to .ftl and it will work immediately. If you're using a Mac you may have to change the file extension by viewing the file information (you can do this with the Command-I shortcut). Thanks for your support!

Im using a toshiba compter with windows 7 on it, i have winrar and i cant change the .zip to a .ftl, Why could it have done this!!!!!
Jonfon

Postby Jonfon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:10 pm

256spam wrote:
karmos wrote:

Im using a toshiba compter with windows 7 on it, i have winrar and i cant change the .zip to a .ftl, Why could it have done this!!!!!

Mostly likely culprit is that you have the "Hide Known Extensions" option set in Windows.

In a Window go to the folder where you have the mods. Can you see them ending in .ftl in the name? If not hold alt and press t to get the Tools menu. Choose Folder Options. In the pop-up window pick the View tab. Untick the "Hide extensions for known filetypes" checkbox and click Ok. You should then see the full filename in the name.

Now just right-click the Mod file and pick rename and change the .zip to .ftl and hit return. You might get a warning from Windows about changing extensions causing issues, but that's Ok.

Now the file should be a .ftl and usable in the GMM.
256spam

Postby 256spam » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Jonfon wrote:Mostly likely culprit is that you have the "Hide Known Extensions" option set in Windows.

In a Window go to the folder where you have the mods. Can you see them ending in .ftl in the name? If not hold alt and press t to get the Tools menu. Choose Folder Options. In the pop-up window pick the View tab. Untick the "Hide extensions for known filetypes" checkbox and click Ok. You should then see the full filename in the name.

Now just right-click the Mod file and pick rename and change the .zip to .ftl and hit return. You might get a warning from Windows about changing extensions causing issues, but that's Ok.

Now the file should be a .ftl and usable in the GMM.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING MUCH!!! IM Serious!!!! That worked instantly!
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

karmos wrote:Next up: unique drones for each race (and pirates, rebels, and the Federation). Some of these drones will have weapons not like vanilla weapons (e.g. the "hacking"- and "plasma"-type weapons found in multiple weapons mods) and will be contained in a separate package for those who want to preserve vanilla in its original state as much as possible.

For plasma, I think you should make the projectile look like the plasma projectiles in Fallout 3/NV, or the geonosian projectile from Attack of the Clones :)
Cheeseinat0r

Re: [MOD] DronesPlus 0.7.7

Postby Cheeseinat0r » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:44 am

Nice mod. New drones aren't too OP
UltraSnaky

Postby UltraSnaky » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:33 pm

This mod looks friggin' excellent. My question is how common are the new drones? So far I've only ever seen one, a fire drone being used by a low-tier pirate. Can you obtain them in stores normally? Sorry, just woried I'd somehow installed it wrong. :)

EDIT: On my first game-winning run a few minutes ago, just saw an enemy using an Ion Drone MK I.
al244098

Postby al244098 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:36 am

it looks amazing, can't wait to try it out C:
may i suggest an Anti-Bio Drone?
dante2ndadvent

Postby dante2ndadvent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:39 am

Anti-bio beams are hard enough to use effectively, the random firing pattens of a drone would make a bio-drone almost useless.

I've stopped playing vanilla FTL since Infinite Space hit ver 0.4.2, will this mod work on IS?