[MOD] Incursor Cruiser (v0.9c)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Kieve

[MOD] Incursor Cruiser (v0.9c)

Postby Kieve » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:45 am

DISCLAIMER - This mod is still in "beta" status and requires testing. Some weapons may feel imbalanced or overpowered, others underpowered or useless. Please leave detailed, constructive feedback.
Details of full mod available here

Download (Current Version 0.9c Beta)
Mediafire | Dropbox
VoV Footage: VSS Archon

This cruiser replaces the Zoltan-B "Noether" in-game, and comes equipped with the following:
  • Arc Beam - Antipersonnel particle beam. Damages systems and crew, starts fires.
  • Aurora Mass Cannon - Anti-ship cannon that pierces all shielding.
  • Bolide Ion Rocket - Deals no hull damage, but very effective at disabling shields and systems.
  • Sunfury Rotary Autocanon - Rapid-fire burst weapon. Fast reload but will suck your ammo dry.
Crew:
2 Zoltan
Also includes the Incursor Theme, replacing the default title music.
The Incursor "Archon" was designed to strike fast and hard, weakening the enemy for their larger capital ships. The Archon's weapon array is devastating indeed, but heavy reliance on limited ammunition makes it a poor choice for extended mission assignments.

Known Issues:
-The gibs are a mess. They don't line up and look roughly hacked apart. Work continues on those.
-Weapon balancing still required. Feedback welcome.
-The Archon won't actually start with all of these in FTL:Incursion.
BrenTenkage

Re: [MOD] Incursor Cruiser (v0.9b)

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:03 am

Ok having trouble, can't seem to get the mod loader to recgonize it...its weird. I think its because of the mutliple files rather then one little notepage...but that doesn't make sense because I worked Sonata ok....
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:07 am

nevermind, got it working, I was unpacking it when I should have saved it
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
Supj

Postby Supj » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:03 am

Started a game with this about 10 mins ago, It's a fun ship.. Very missile hungry, but I guess that helps to balance it. Seems like I'm either going all in with the rotary cannon and using a bunch of missiles/ammo to destroy the enemy ship fast, or just disabling shields with the EMP rocket and using the Arc Beam to keep the shields/oxygen down until they die. :D

I've spotted a few things that should be fixed, but they are all obvious and I'm sure you are aware of them. (Stuff like weapons clipping out of shield)

Gonna keep playing but I might sleep, I'll try and post everything I find.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:26 pm

What he said, lot o missles needed to work this out. and the clipping issues, but thats it
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Honestly, I never actually noticed the weapons clipping. Will look into that.
I'm also curious to hear your thoughts on the weapons balance - I'd like to think they're a little less OP this time, but I'm certainly open to suggestions.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Kieve wrote:Honestly, I never actually noticed the weapons clipping. Will look into that.
I'm also curious to hear your thoughts on the weapons balance - I'd like to think they're a little less OP this time, but I'm certainly open to suggestions.

The over powerness is offset by the missle consumption, I think its good
Baldwebby360

Postby Baldwebby360 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Very nice
Like it alot
cannot wait for the full mod

Edit: The custom sounds for the weapons don't seem to work.
Last edited by Baldwebby360 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kestrel A, Kestrel B, Stealth A, Stealth B, Mantis A, Mantis B, Engi A, Engi B, Cruiser A, Cruiser B, Slug A, Slug B, Rock A, Rock B, Zoltan A, Zoltan B, Crystal A, Crystal B.
Red is locked, green is a win with that ship.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Updated link in the master mod list. Nice work there Kieve \o/
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Todes_Schnitzel

Postby Todes_Schnitzel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:54 pm

mmmhh ... I want this Ship , but I don't want to mod FTL , because I want (so long I can) have fun with the vanilla game.

You make it realy hard for me.
MY ENGLISH IS TERRIBLYHELL YEAH!
This text is presented by Google translate , my english skill and german. :D