[MOD] Incursor Cruiser (v0.9c)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gwizz41

Re: [MOD] Incursor Cruiser (v0.9c)

Postby Gwizz41 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:18 am

Thanks - that worked!

I didn't realize the code needed editing - I thought it was just a case of re-naming and/or replacing the .ogg file - which wasn't working.

Your Title Soundtrack is good but I'm just accustomed to the original - it's just so placid yet retro funky.
Glitch100

Postby Glitch100 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Dude, you have made some great mods, I would love to know what applications you use (gimp,photoshop etc) to make the ships, and also what method or tips you use? Its quite amazing.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Glitch100 wrote:Dude, you have made some great mods, I would love to know what applications you use (gimp,photoshop etc) to make the ships, and also what method or tips you use? Its quite amazing.

Nothing special, just an old outdated copy of Photoshop 7, occasionally a little MSPaint, and way too much time spent at maximum zoom level. ("Pencil" brush set to 1px size does just fine for hard-edged pixelly spritework)
As for tips... I really don't have anything to suggest? I sketched out some rough ideas as a concept and then translated them into the sprites as best I could. I'm glad you like my work, but there's no magic involved. :lol:
YoutubeFTLvideos

Postby YoutubeFTLvideos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:07 pm

If you would like me to I could post a FTL lets play with this ship on my newly setup youtube account.
ps. there is no commentary in my videos though.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:35 pm

YoutubeFTLvideos wrote:If you would like me to I could post a FTL lets play with this ship on my newly setup youtube account.

That's entirely up to you. It's still being worked on, so the current version doesn't reflect a completed and balanced ship (not to mention the gibs are still in placeholder stage). But if you want to run a Let's Play with it you're more than welcome to, as long as you mention it's still WIP.
YoutubeFTLvideos

Postby YoutubeFTLvideos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:40 pm

Kieve wrote:
YoutubeFTLvideos wrote:If you would like me to I could post a FTL lets play with this ship on my newly setup youtube account.

That's entirely up to you. It's still being worked on, so the current version doesn't reflect a completed and balanced ship (not to mention the gibs are still in placeholder stage). But if you want to run a Let's Play with it you're more than welcome to, as long as you mention it's still WIP.

Ok once I have done one I will post it here I will put in the description that it's WIP.
Xaeldaren

Postby Xaeldaren » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:37 pm

I'm encountering an issue where the mod doesn't seem to be fully installed. The menu music has changed, but the cruiser itself isn't in the game, only the regular Zoltan-B ship.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Xaeldaren wrote:I'm encountering an issue where the mod doesn't seem to be fully installed. The menu music has changed, but the cruiser itself isn't in the game, only the regular Zoltan-B ship.

Sounds like a mod order issue. What other mods are you using?
Xaeldaren

Postby Xaeldaren » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Oh jesus, loads!

Beginning Scrap Advantage
Highres Backgrounds 1.0
diversityMod_0.3
FTL-Additional-Events-and-Texts
Names Nirvana 1.1
better_asteroids
KRS Obsidian Cruiser v.1.2.2
ScifiNames
ScifiNamesAppended
KRS Incursor Cruiser v0.9c
Infinite Space_0.3.4

In that order.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 pm

Xaeldaren wrote:Oh jesus, loads!

Beginning Scrap Advantage
Highres Backgrounds 1.0
diversityMod_0.3
FTL-Additional-Events-and-Texts
Names Nirvana 1.1
better_asteroids
KRS Obsidian Cruiser v.1.2.2
EquipmentEX
ScifiNames
ScifiNamesAppended
DronesPlus_0.6.1
KRS Incursor Cruiser v0.9c
Infinite Space_0.3.4

In that order.

There's your problem. Put the ships (and drones) last. Some of them just flat-out conflict with Infinite Space and won't work at all (Beginning Scrap Advantage), others will work but you won't see them anyway (AE&T).
  • Highres Backgrounds 1.0
  • diversityMod_0.3
  • better_asteroids
  • Names Nirvana 1.1
  • ScifiNames
  • ScifiNamesAppended
  • Infinite Space_0.3.4
  • EquipmentEX
  • DronesPlus_0.6.1
  • KRS Obsidian Cruiser v.1.2.2
  • KRS Incursor Cruiser v0.9c

As a general rule, cosmetics first, game-modes / changers second, and extra equipment / ships towards the end. Not everything will play nicely all the time, but it'll help you minimize issues at least.