[OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD][WIP]Arsenal+ English Translation

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:07 am

Arsenal+ v1.24.1, English Data v1.0.3

This is a minor update that fixes some loose ends (untranslated bits), rewords a bit of dialogue, and fixes an accreditation

Arsenal+ Addons

I released English versions for the A-, A+, Infinite, and Flagship Randomizer addons for Arsenal+. In addition, I've added a blurb type thing above each download, so you know what they're about, and also so I don't have to list them again here.

----
--
in other news, I'm tired as hell, so I don't feel like writing anymore :P

The A+ addon isn't something to be trifled with, and that's all I'll say. Patch it in, and you'll see what I mean ;)

as always, if something's off, please please please let me know, and I'll fix it as soon as I can
Dire_Venom

Postby Dire_Venom » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:13 am

Wow that didnt take you long to make XD
For some reason I can't get the ran flag addon working, when ever I try to launch either the .exe or jar files it opens the black consel then disappears.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:24 am

The program can not correctly process the "+" character in the folder name, it is necessary to erase the "+"

To mr. easy money: You also forgot to translate this file FlagshipGeneratorSource\Flagship Skeleton\bosses.xml
Image Image Image
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:56 pm

Dire_Venom wrote:For some reason I can't get the ran flag addon working, when ever I try to launch either the .exe or jar files it opens the black consel then disappears.
bamalf wrote:The program can not correctly process the "+" character in the folder name, it is necessary to erase the "+"

To mr. easy money: You also forgot to translate this file FlagshipGeneratorSource\Flagship Skeleton\bosses.xml

okay, I fixed those errors, sorry about that :oops:

mediafire likes removing the "+" from file names for some odd reason so I thought that happened but as bamalf pointed out that's on purpose.
stylesrj

Re: [OVERHAUL][WIP]Arsenal+ English Translation

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:01 pm

I know this isn't as high of a priority, but do you think the flashbang weapons could use something else besides the current high-pitched whine?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:59 pm

stylesrj wrote:I know this isn't as high of a priority, but do you think the flashbang weapons could use something else besides the current high-pitched whine?

I think I'm going to at least tone down the volume of the flashbang and Gauss weaponry in the next update. There have been numerous complaints that I can't ignore even if it means it'll be different from the Russian version in that regard.

it might be some time before the next update because there are a lot of events I have left to translate from the 1.25 update, and also because after the vacation I'm on college starts for me, but I'll endeavor to make the time. :|
tsgaerospace

Postby tsgaerospace » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:47 pm

i hate to be the "i have no idea how to do this person", but i really want to play with this mod, switched order, i removed all mods but this one (2 parts), took the mod out, validated FTL files, put the mod in again and i run the validate on slipstream mod manager, http://imgur.com/a/WN4Zj
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:24 am

tsgaerospace wrote:i hate to be the "i have no idea how to do this person", but i really want to play with this mod, switched order, i removed all mods but this one (2 parts), took the mod out, validated FTL files, put the mod in again and i run the validate on slipstream mod manager, http://imgur.com/a/WN4Zj

checking those two mods (the resource pack and the data. either one can go first) and hitting patch should work. if Slipstream breaks while patching, let me know the error message you get. ;)

the "errors" using validate on Slipstream are either not errors or ignored by FTL. it seems the gib1 and gib2 tag "problems" are ignored by FTL, and the "odd characters/fancy windows-1252 characters" refer to the em dash (—) (and another character, looks like ` but I don't know where that is :roll:) which are supported by the fonts included in the resource pack (the original russian has the em dash, and I left it in because at times it adds oomph). FTL should load just fine.

any additional addons should be loaded after those two. I'm currently in the process of translating a big update to the mod, which will add some new stuff and a sector, along with some misc fixes to a bunch of stuff.

did that clear it up? I hope I didn't confuse you further... :roll:
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:24 pm

tsgaerospace wrote:i have been using slipstream for some time now, but with this mod it crashes just after loading the lanius on the loading screen and then it shows this:
http://imgur.com/a/KZrEr

AlDeGo in biohazard's discord said the following, which sounds like it should solve the problem, hopefully? :? I'll put it here again and probably on the main post, this is from the original Russian page, as is the download. it sounds like it does the same thing as Large Address Aware
AlDeGo wrote:!!! ATTENTION !!! Error "This application has been requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the support team for more information." Means that the game does not have enough dedicated memory to run. To fix this, use this patch on the executable file of the game FTLGame.exe https://yadi.sk/d/V-UcWFxs3DtpuR
Also, the storage profile may be corrupted, delete it and disable saving to the Steam cloud."
tsgaerospace

Postby tsgaerospace » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:24 pm

finally working, and i have a new favourite ship: the descend