BWI Bulwark/The Ram/Supercharger

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak

Moderator: isla

Dire_Venom

Re: BWI Bulwark/The Ram/Supercharger

Postby Dire_Venom » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:27 am

Some very cool ship mods!

They certiantly presented me with some challenging (but fun) runs.
Dealing with the longcooldown on some of the weapons was pretty brutal imo.

+1
PR0T05T33L

Postby PR0T05T33L » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:50 am

So I just dropped these in to Superluminal to have a closer look at 'em and I've spotted a few problems.

For the Bulwark, the triple Rock Plating might be a bit much. The door room's image goes outside the room and in to the next. You also made the Clonebay and the Medbay separate rooms when they should probably share the same room. And I'm really not a fan of that 1x1 room; simply rearranging the rooms and switching to different room images should eliminate the need for that.

For the Ram, I really don't like the rooms in the crates and once again, the 1x1 rooms, which, by the way, go outside the boundaries of the ship's actual walls. The triple Titanium System Casings are far too much; one should be enough. And two Engies and two Sys Repair Drones might be a bit too much repair speed, especially if the systems will only rarely be damaged. I'd suggest switching one drone out for an AP Drone.

You mentioned the Supercharger's gibs don't work; to me, it looks like you just never set them up. Once again, the Medbay and Clonebay are separate rooms when they shouldn't be. That one extra arm on the ship's left side is a little odd-looking and the bizarre positioning of the piloting room is even more odd. The twin FTL Recharge Boosters might be a bit much; making the engines level 5 to start with might be a better idea, but maybe that's just me.

None of these ships have thumbnail images for the ship menu, the placement of the ships on the screen are inconsistent and I spotted a couple of spelling mistakes throughout the mod. Although it's not really necessary, setting aside a room on each ship for artillery would be a nice bonus for people using Captain's Edition. Fortunately, I can fix up almost all of these issues myself on my own copy, but I'd suggest making the changes yourself on the main version.

All that being said, these ships look pretty sweet and their custom weapons are interesting. Once I'm done fixing up the Supercharger, I think I'm gonna try out these ships.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:57 am

PR0T05T33L wrote:For the Bulwark, the triple Rock Plating might be a bit much.

you might not have noticed the complete lack of shields, but yeah, three rock platings mean an immediate 120 scrap start. you could make the sell value of rock plating less and that would mitigate the issue.

For the Ram, I really don't like the rooms in the crates

I agree, that doesn't really make any sense... unless the cargo is actually just a bunch of rooms :P
I will say that the vast amount of rooms does make for better security once you upgrade doors
The triple Titanium System Casings are far too much; one should be enough. And two Engies and two Sys Repair Drones might be a bit too much repair speed, especially if the systems will only rarely be damaged. I'd suggest switching one drone out for an AP Drone.

the triple titanium system casing does seem a bit much, and it seems like it was trying to emulate the BWI Bulwark except with system protection instead of hull protection, but unlike the Bulwark, it isn't necessary here.
the drone system doesn't seem necessary either, given the titanium system casing benefit and the two Engi, repairs can be done quickly. the one weak front seems to be enemy boarders because of the isolated doors, but that appears to be the challenge, and you've got a crystal dude to back you up.
Once again, the Medbay and Clonebay are separate rooms when they shouldn't be.

they can be separate if they want to. there are a number of ships that make use of this, but yeah, they can be in the same room since one replaces the other, and usually it feels natural -> remove medbay, then put clonebay in its place. though maybe you could think that putting clone bay in a different room will change the strategy or it feels better there or something.
Although it's not really necessary, setting aside a room on each ship for artillery would be a nice bonus for people using Captain's Edition.

would be nice, but remember that you have to specify which CE artillery, or make your own. it addresses a smaller audience, but if you're up for it then by all means go for it.
PR0T05T33L

Postby PR0T05T33L » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:29 am

mr_easy_money wrote:
PR0T05T33L wrote:Although it's not really necessary, setting aside a room on each ship for artillery would be a nice bonus for people using Captain's Edition.

would be nice, but remember that you have to specify which CE artillery, or make your own. it addresses a smaller audience, but if you're up for it then by all means go for it.

Personally, I think the Mother Sun Plasma Thrower goes perfectly with the Type A's cargo and Rockman crew.

Return to “Working Mods”